First Christian Reformed Church (CRC) is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic church community that is committed to loving God and loving our neighbours.
The Kids Art Camp, July 18-22, 2016, is now full. Thanks for checking!
See you again next summer!
First CRC is seeking to fill three new positions in the church, starting in September. Here are brief summaries of the positions:
The Worship Director will spend 7 hrs/week working to encourage and equip volunteers to share their gifts in order to build up the church. This position will involve overseeing participant recruitment and scheduling of worship teams, service planning/leading, coordination with other church leaders and volunteers, and much more.
The Children’s Ministries Director will spend 7 hours/week helping to build up the church as an environment for faith formation. This will involve recruitment of and engagement with teachers, coordination of the two Sunday classes, acquisition of appropriate curriculum materials, and much more.
The Choir Director will coordinate and direct choir practices and rehearsals, as well as choose and acquire appropriate music for the choir as the choir develops and contributes to church liturgy and participates regularly in worship services.
To apply for any or all of the positions or to read the full job descriptions go to van1crc.org. Applications can be sent to email@example.com by July 26, 2016.
Our worship services are Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at
near the Broadway and Commercial SkyTrain
stations in East Vancouver.
Whether you’re just passing through or looking for a church home in the Vancouver area, we look forward to meeting you!
What's happening at First?
- Click the link if you are interested in joining a Small Group
- Please check out our Upcoming Events page for current happenings at First.
What can you expect on a Sunday morning?
- A friendly atmosphere where you'll sit with infants, 90-somethings, and everyone in between.
- Worship that blends the richness of hymns, choruses from global Christians, and newer praise songs.
- Sermons that invite us to live in the transformative presence of God as well as corresponding liturgy and art to reinforce God's invitation to us.
- Dynamic and participatory, age-appropriate faith formation for kids.
- Great conversations after the service while drinking JJ Bean fair trade coffee.