First Christian Reformed Church (CRC) is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic church community that is committed to loving God and loving our neighbours.
Four weeks of Advent to get ready for Christmas
Not yet ready for Christmas?
We need to Advent by pondering a profound wonder: Immanuel seeks to be with & our various prayers set the stage.
Depending on our situations, our prayers of waiting look and sound quite different:
Prayers of Joy help us anticipate the celebration of the Incarnation...and who better than our congregation's kids to help lead us in this.
Prayers of Anticipation open our eyes to see how God's promises connect to the places where hope is flagging.
Prayers of Lament help us to hold faith in the face of devastating news...and we know that our congregation is carrying that for some of our friends and family.
We need each of these types of prayers, because our experiences are so varied between the highest of highs & the lowest of lows.
And as we'll see once again with prayer, it's not just about us talking to God...like Christmas, its about God meeting us in those places. In other words, in the midst of being honest to God, we discover God with us.
Our worship services are Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at
near the Broadway and Commercial SkyTrain
station in East Vancouver.
If you are driving, we have ample parking in the lot behind the church (enter via Victoria Drive or 11th Avenue).
What's happening at First?
- Click the link if you are interested in joining a Small Group
- Please check out our Upcoming Events page for current happenings at First.
What can you expect on a Sunday morning?
- A friendly atmosphere where you'll sit with infants, 90-somethings, and everyone in between.
- Worship that blends the richness of hymns, choruses from global Christians, and newer praise songs.
- Sermons that invite us to live in the transformative presence of God as well as corresponding liturgy and art to reinforce God's invitation to us. This fall the sermon series is: Agony and Ecstacy will be two shorter series in Job and Song of Songs.
- Dynamic and participatory, age-appropriate faith formation for kids.
- Great conversations after the service while drinking JJ Bean fair trade coffee.