What can you expect on a Sunday morning?
- A friendly atmosphere where you'll sit with infants or 90-somethings and everyone in between.
- Worship that blends the richness of hymns, choruses from global Christians, and newer praise songs.
- Sermons that invite us to live in the transformative presence of God as well as corresponding liturgy & art to reinforce God's invitation to us.
- Dynamic and participatory, age-appropriate faith formation for kids.
- Great conversations after the service while drinking JJ Bean fair trade coffee
First CRC was started in 1926 by Dutch immigrants who had been part of one of the Reformed groups in their homeland. Initially, they met on Adanac and Commercial Drive. Following the devastation of WWII, many more Dutch immigrants came to Vancouver and the First CRC congregation grew so much they needed a bigger church building. In 1948, they built the white building on the corner of E.11th Ave and Victoria Drive.
Over the years, the Dutch heritage has been an influence, but through changes in our neighbourhood, our congregation has changed and we are now an English-speaking church family made up of a number of different ethnicities.
As a church community, we value our neighbours--both those whom our congregation members live near across MetroVancouver, and also our neighbours who live in the blocks surrounding our church building.
This video, highlighting some of our history, was created in April 2014 for a congregation-wide event celebrating God's faithfulness: