Resources & Links
Our partner ministries:
As First CRC is part of this family of churches, here are just a few ways we remain engaged in BC, Canada, North America, and around the world.
- Kinbrace Refugee Housing and Support, a community which seeks to provide support and housing for refugee claimants in Canada.
- Supporting micro-industry at Mission Possible and community work with Jacob's Well in the Downtown Eastside
- Ministry to Seafarers: This ministry of the CRC meets with visiting Seafarers in the ports of Vancouver and the greater Vancouver area, providing Christian chaplaincy and practical support. Since 1993, the ministry has worked closely with the Mission to Seafarers (Anglican Church of Canada), the Stella Maris Mission (Roman Catholic Church), and KIMM (Korean International Maritime Mission), a ministry from the Korean Presbyterian Church of Korea.
- Bringing a faith presence to sailors at Vancouver and Delta Ports
- Endorsing chaplains at Kwantlen Polytechnic in MetroVancouver
- Supporting Regent College, a graduate school of Christian theology on UBC's campus.
- A Rocha, an international Christian organization which, inspired by God’s love, engages in scientific research, environmental education, community-based conservation projects and sustainable agriculture.
- Endorsing chaplains at UNBC in Prince George
- Classis British Columbia North-West covers a very large area of British Columbia. All the CRCs on Vancouver Island and northern BC are part of it as well as several of the CRCs in the Lower Mainland. Together, we consist of various established churches, church plants, chaplaincies, and other ministries.
- World Renew is a relief, development, and educational ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. World Renew partners with local agencies that understand local needs. Together, World Renew and its partners find ways to provide lasting change for people in more than 30 countries around the world.
- Christian Reformed Home Missions is the CRC’s “coach and cheerleader for mission and evangelism.” It helps plant new churches; assists campus ministries; trains mission leaders; and encourages small groups and prayer. Home Missions supports and encourages the planting of approximately 20 new churches each year with emphasis placed on planting churches in a wide variety of ethnic, high need, and other communities.
- Christian Reformed World Missions: This agency of the CRC supports about 300 long-term and short-term missionaries located in over 30 countries around the world.